You have no items in your shopping cart.
Enter Discount Code: Adventure2X at checkout to get 2 bags for $99
(Quantity in cart must be 2 for discount to work)
Take more on your rides with the Electric Bike Pannier Backpack. Rain, snow, or shine, these Waterproof bags allow you to carry whatever you need and will hold up in the toughest conditions!!
When you're done with your ride, simply unfasten the bag, pull out the shoulder straps, and you've got a backpack to carry your stuff the rest of the way!
- Storage: 25L storage capacity.
- Durability: Made of waterproof material that will hold up on the wettest of rides.
- Portability: In a few simple steps, this Pannier Bag can be converted into a Backpack and carried wherever you need it. Simply roll up the straps, pack them away, and you are ready to re-mount the bag and start riding.
- Dimensions: Length-12" Width-7" Height 17" only 2.1LBs it's as light as a feather.
- Easy Installation: Conveniently and securely mounts to most bike racks. Two metal "J" hooks spaced 5" apart fasten to the rear rack and are secured in place with a Velcro strap and bungee cord. The opening on the "J" hook is 3/4" wide.
- Extras: Crossed bungee cords on the front add an extra option to mount and carry more gear.
The California StandardElectric Bicycles are defined by the California Vehicle Code.
New legislation became effective in January 2016. The current regulations define an “electric bicycle” as: a bicycle equipped with fully operable pedals and an electric motor of less than 750 watts, separated into three classes:
1. A "class 1 electric bicycle,” or “low-speed pedal-assisted electric bicycle,” is a bicycle equipped with a motor that provides assistance only when the rider is pedaling, and that ceases to provide assistance when the bicycle reaches the speed of 20 miles per hour.
2. A "class 2 electric bicycle,” or “low-speed throttle-assisted electric bicycle,” is a bicycle equipped with a motor that may be used exclusively to propel the bicycle, and that is not capable of providing assistance when the bicycle reaches the speed of 20 miles per hour.
3. A "class 3 electric bicycle,” or “speed pedal-assisted electric bicycle,” is a bicycle equipped with a motor that provides assistance only when the rider is pedaling, (no throttle) and that ceases to provide assistance when the bicycle reaches the speed of 28 miles per hour and equipped with a speedometer.
Local government ordinances are allowed to permit or ban any class of electric bicycles on dedicated bicycle paths and trails, with Class 1 & 2 permitted, and Class 3 banned, by default
All our bikes come as standard with a 28mph motor limit making them Class 3. Adding a throttle to the standard bikes will make them illegal for public use in every state. We can configure bikes to comply with class 1, 2 or 3 though. Please send us an email for more details.
Laws vary in different states / countries. Please check your local regulations. Here is a good resource of information in the US: http://peopleforbikes.org/our-work/e-bikes/policies-and-laws/